6/1/11

Checking In

Am leaving for the hospital in an hour or so. My bags are semi-packed. The goodies I want to eat (when I finally can) have been set aside. The baby bag is full of the essentials (read: home bound outfits, bottles, wipes). I've snuggled with my kids, and inhaled their not-so-baby smells, a pabaon for the time that I will not be able to see them (or smell them) or hold them in my arms. I've got my books, my crochet threads and needles, and videos, all ready for the dead time I've got to spend while recuperating.

But all this while, I cannot shake my nerves. I guess its all part of knowing what awaits me. The darned spinal tap can be somewhat painful. And recuperating can be a b*&$%, especially if my OB has to cut through muscle, like the last time. Damn, I forgot to talk to her about that....

And so, my shout out to the universe: send us everything positive. Watch over Raul. Let me have a safe and uncomplicated delivery. Allow us to go home together. Let us be a family of six, and me a mother of four.

1 comment: