3/29/11

Meex




Enrique can bully me into baking, even when I'm exhausted. He follows me around asking, "meex? Meex?" and my heart melts. And when he hears the okay, he springs into action. He pushes the chair against the kitchen counter, grabs a spatula, and waits. He will measure out the sugar, name the ingredients as you take them out, and peer into the mixing bowl as you put them in. And when you finally turn the mixer on, he rests his hand on the mixer and watches the butter and sugar turn light and fluffy. He waits for the eggs to get added, and laughs when a flour cloud appears because I put in too much flour too fast. And when the mixing is done, he retreats back into his room and leaves me with the clean up, only to return when the cookies are done.

Smart kid.

5 comments:

  1. Aha ... attaboy, Enrique! That's my inaanak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay, my kids are the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine too! though they do wait till the cookies have been spooned onto the sheet so they can lick all the dough off the bowl and spoons. nice. hello, salmonella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhmm...is Enrique the same one who named the putty tat inappropriately? LOL. Or was that the other young 'un. Sumkinofva/SorryFood Despedida! Are you going to have one?

    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. P- no, that was Mateo. Will you throw me one? hehehe

    Marts- why can't I see your blog??

    ReplyDelete