4/9/11

An Adventure Begins...

...with checking out the lay of the land. That's what hubby and I have been up to the last 4 days. We arrived in Singapore under the cover of darkness, and the place remained blanketed in mystery to me. That is, until we hit Orchard Road, where the hotel was so neatly situated. Right smack in the center of all the action.I got that "I'm in Times Square" kind of feeling, and it made me want morning to come so I could begin my exploration of the lay of the land.

The days were spent in cars and taxis and trains. And on foot. A lot on foot. Every day gave me a (insert PatMo tone here) "well, hello there..." moment. The days allowed me to appreciate the structure and order that clearly defines this country, the foliage that softens the concrete jungle that is the metropolis, and the consistently clean air. My days were filled with meeting old friends and making surprising new ones, visiting apartments and schools, entering malls and finding shops, groceries and food courts. And as the days quickly turned into nights (it's bizarre how time quickly flies here), I feasted on the flavors which my diet allowed. I took in the lights of the city, and the hustle and bustle of the people going every which direction. And at the end of each day, hubby would help me limp back the the hotel so I could raise my aching feet and pray that my back would hold on for yet another day.

And as I wait to return to the arms of my kids, to smother them with kisses, and to cuddle in bed with them all day tomorrow, I can't help but think that it will be great to explore this place with them.

I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got that moment -- I told you it would come! I am saddened, but excited for you (and for the kids, too!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Mother of Four! I was just there too (for just a few hours en route to India) and it was awesome. Brought chills up me spine. I love the "(insert PatMo tone here) "well, hello there..." moment" line. Ganda.

    We meeeez, you mother goose.

    Sige, we will hopefully get to plan something. Will keep you posted 101.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think I'd be this excited, but I am! I really can't wait for the move, for the change. :P

    ReplyDelete