4/27/11

Impatient

There's no better word to describe me right now. I am a pregnant and highly impatient lady-in-waiting. It does not help that June is still so far away. It does not help that the summer heat has come in full blast. It doesn't help that I've been feeling extraordinarily hungry these past few days, craving for food I still can't eat. And it doesn't help that little Raul is being uber dooper alien-like, contorting my belly this way and that, suffocating me when I sleep and pressing on my bladder to ensure my maximum discomfort.

The thought of another month of all these bears down on me like a weight, choking me. I want this baby out. Now.

I'm trying to be patient. I know Raul needs to be where he is for another 5 weeks, discomforts being a part of it all. I know I there's nothing I can do about the summer heat, so I turn on the AC and fan and hide from it. And I know that every time little Raul moves, it is validation that all is well with him inside.

But I am tired. My back hurts. And I just want to get on with all the changes coming my way. I want to move on.

Wishful thinking never hurt anyone, right?


p.s. Raul, take all the time you need. Mommy's just venting.

1 comment: